Saturday, August 12, 2006

A Year Without Fire...

Hard to believe, but I FINALLY got to light my torch and make some beads! My poor little torch has been cold and silent for a year! The last time I really made beads (not counting when Kelly came over for some tips or my visit to Maryanne a couple weeks ago when she let me play with her torch) was last summer before the last Gem Miner's Jubilee! Well now Gem Miner's is next weekend, and last weekend I finally got to melt some glass!

My glass rods were so dusty, and I sat there for a while staring at it all, not sure of what to do...but as soon as I heard the woooosh of the flame and picked up a shiny rod of glass...it was like I had never stopped making beads! I sure miss this! I need to sneak in a few more sessions before the show so I actually have something to try to sell! Maybe Sunday.

In the meantime... here are the few little beads I made. Not much, but they are kind of large and took some time. The two hearts don't count though as they were demo beads I made at Gem Miner's last time and never annealed until now. So now they are properly de-stressed and I thought I'd throw them in this picture anyway because I like them!





4 comments:

yoko said...

ooohh pretty!

so glad that you're able to spend some time with your craft again!

Anonymous said...

Drool....very lickable eye candy! Can't wait to see them in person :o)

Maryanne said...

I see some familiar frits ;). Nice job! You sure do just pick it right up again.

Now, keep going. Gem Miner's is next weekend!

Man, I feel like such a nag...

Satrina said...

Gorgeous beads! I visited a glass gallery this weekend and thought of you... and here you've been working! It's wonderful to see you delving into your art again!