Friday, August 04, 2006

"I CAN'T PRETEND ANYMORE..."

"That I am not affected, I'm not moved...I can't lie to myself that I'm not always thinking of you..."


CAN YOU TELL I'M EXCITED??!!!???? I'M GOING TO SEE LAURA PAUSINI TONIGHT IN CONCERT IN D.C.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Though there is plenty of music that I really like... such as Jewel, Marilyn Manson, and quite a few assorted artists... there is NO ONE...I repeat NO ONE that I adore more than LAURA PAUSINI!!!!

I fell in love with her back in Italian class at UCLA when the wonderful Flavio Frontini walked into class with a radio. He wanted us to hear a song. Soon the room was filled with a sweet melody and Laura's lovely voice singing, "La Solitudine"... "Marco se ne andato e non ritorno piu..." I had no idea who Marco was, but I thought his father was a bastard for taking him away from her, leaving her cold and lonely!!! MARCO!!!!! Come back!!!!

That was when she was just a tender 19 years old. Born in 1974, she is just months older than I am...so at this time in my life, here was a girl my age just starting her career, and I was miles and miles away crying to her songs.

I have followed every album, and know the words to pretty much every song. Many make me cry, many fill me up with energy. Not a day goes by that her voice doesn't take over my car... pumping and thumping in my heart... she has been there for every tear of joy or sorrow I have shed. Every song reminds me of a certain time in my life. Some of it bittersweet...and all of it joyful. I'm so excited to get this opportunity to see her on stage. The tour is with two other "Latin" artists...so her songs will probably be in the less familiar Spanish version rather than the Italian I am used to, but the energy and melody will all be the same, and I can't wait!!!!!!! www.laurapausini.com

3 comments:

José Domingo Guariglia said...

Hi, how are you?
I´m from Venezuela and I´m a huge fan of Laura Pausini, so, I´m very happy because now you have the opportunity to see and hear her live.
She´s just amazing. I went to her concert in Caracas in the 1997 and it was amazing...the best concert ever!!!!!!
I listened to Laura´s music almost every day hahahhaa
She´s great.

Visit my blog:

http://equilibrioradical.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Rachel that's fantastic!
Let the music take you away from all the cares and worries and enjoy yourself.
Please be careful getting there and back and I'll be looking forward to hearing your concert review.

{{HUGS}}

Satrina said...

Come e andato il concerto di Laura? How wonderful that you had the opportunity to see her perform live-- can't wait to hear about your evening!