Wednesday, August 09, 2006

My Night to Remember...

Okay! I finally got over some computer issues and can make this post now!!!

Friday night was WONDERFUL! No, FANTASTIC!!!!

We were stuck in traffic for a while, but luckily arrived just in time! We were not in our seats for very long when the show got started, and Laura was first! Tears came to my eyes when she emerged on stage. The feeling was really indescribable! I just know that it was the result of years and years of emotion... As if you took the past 11 years...and every emotion I experienced from then to now and hit me with them all at once! I felt happiness, sadness, love, loss, confusion, inspiration, and enlightenment all at the same time!

I mean, I know I've tried to express this before...but I really can't stop saying this... Laura Pausini has literally been a part of my daily life since 1995! So many events...both good and bad...have occurred with her voice in the background, so many miles driven...thousands and thousands of miles in a few different vehicles with her voice filling the inside and leading the way. Every song of hers evokes certain memories....many of which can have me crying on the floor like a baby. So to hear her voice as loud as life and see her dancing around and speaking to the crowd...I just couldn't be more emotional! I wanted to rush the stage and just tell her everything I have wanted to tell her all these years. Yet she remained out of reach and untouchable.... and my dreams of getting invited to sing with her on stage will always remain a fantasy. (Of course! Like that would ever happen!) Still I imagine this grand conversation with her, and then her testing my devotion with a pop quiz of songs....her starting off a note, and me stepping right in there not missing a single word...and then we would laugh and hug ...she would then know just how important she is to me.

Anyway...though I know it's a terrible sin to record anything at a concert...the quality of this clip and it's length is really nothing anyone should be concerned about as far as the black market goes...and I really just wanted to share a tidbit of Laura performing my favorite song of the moment. It's title is "Viveme", and this is the Spanish version. I used this song for my grandmother's birthday DVD, which I will try to upload too.





Our seats were pretty good, but I still had to zoom way out with my camera to capture any sort of decent picture... Here is the best one I could get of her:



And happy me with my Laura Pausini Tour T-shirt!

2 comments:

Satrina said...

I confess: I, too, have committed the sin of recording video at a concert-- it helps so much to have a little bit of the music and atmosphere to hold on to. (In one case, it was probably a literal sin... I was hissed at by a docent during Sunday morning mass at Notre Dame. Of course, no one had told us that recording wasn't allowed for the duration!)

Have you ever written Laura Pausini a letter? I'm sure she would enjoy hearing your story, and hey, you never know :-D

yoko said...

again, so glad that you had a good time! i wish i could say that i committed the sin too, but i can't. the only thing i can confess to is bringing my camera to Lilith Fair. (remember those days, T?)

oh it's been ages since i went to a concert...i think the last time was depeche mode with the hubs! or was it "girl's night out" (with poe, garbage, and no doubt) with C?

i think i associate most of my friends, my life to music - sometimes i'll hear a song and i'll associate it to a particular memory that i have of it. for example, when i hear alanis morisette's "you oughta know" i will forever think of C and i in my civic with the windows and sunroof open singing at the top of our lungs!