Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Document Drama...

Friday I had received paperwork from David's school. In bold writing it said, "Birth Certificate - Any student who is registered and has not yet shown their birth certificate should bring the certficate. Note: Birth certificate must be presented before the first day or the child will not be permitted to attend school until proof of age is shown."

Well as of Friday, I was still waiting to receive a certified copy from California!!! Panic set in, and I even contemplated paying $50 to a service out there that could rush it, or ask my mom to drive four hours down to the Recorder's office to pick it up herself, being that only a parent, grandparent, or a court-ordered guardian can obtain it!

Boy was I relieved when I got home yesterday and that pretty blue certificate was in my mailbox! Whew!!! David almost had to miss T-shirt day!!

Only EIGHT more days, and I'm insane already!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you hear me??? EIGHT DAYS!!!!!
HELP!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel....BREATHE!!!!

Deep breath in ~ Deep breath out.

Feel better?

No?

Then I guess you'll be breathing into a paper bag for the next 8 days LOL (JOKE>>>>just wanted to make you smile)

It's ok. You can do this. Think positive. Think of all the great new things you will get to share with David.

{{{HUGS}}}

Sarah said...

I'm not gonna tell you it will be easy.
But look at it this way, he is off on an adventure and it is a great one!

And the good thing about it? He will come home EVERYDAY with something new to tell you. Something new he learned, someone new he made friends with, something new he drew, painted, collaged, glued, cut, wrote.

You are a strong and brave woman, don't go letting Kindergarten get you down!

I admit, I cried the first time Judy went to school. But that was because she went in there and didn't even look at me. She didn't need me, she was SOOOO ready for school. Kristel was a bit more clingy the first time at school, but after that, she was super excited and loves it to this day.

Trust me though, those few hours you have alone with Sam will be blessed hours!

Big hugs to you hon!

yoko said...

it's an inevitable fact of life, right? you'll get through it...and while you may not be with him all the time, he'll be excited to share his experience with you! :)