Sunday, August 13, 2006

8-13 Random Acts of Cuteness

Driving home from a trip to Old Navy and Office Depot:
Samantha: "Hey! Whatchoo doin', Punk??!!"

(What made that really funny is that nobody in our house ever uses the word "punk", so I have no idea where she got that from!)

-------------------------

Exchange in the car, at least the boy knows his grammar:

Kids: (making some random noise very loudly)
Me: (Yelling over my shoulder) You guys behave back there!
David: But I am BEING-have!

--------------------------

In the clearance section of Old Navy

David: Oh, these clothes are for little girls!
Me: Yes, they are.
(moving to another rack)
David: And those are for hot mommies!

15 minutes later at the register David and Samantha start chanting:
"HOT MOMMY! HOT MOMMY! HOT MOMMY!"

Me: Okay....let's get out of here now!

-------------------------

Have a good week everybody!

4 comments:

yoko said...

you one "hot mommy" you!

i would be *so* red in the face had i been in your shoes at that very second!

so cute! thanks for sharing as always!

Anonymous said...

Punk and Hot Mommy.....sounds like you had a very very interesting shopping trip!

I love your kidlets....they are so cute and come up with some of the best *lines* ever!!! Think they'll team up to be on Comedy Central in a few years?

{{HUGS}}

Satrina said...

Heh, Sam's shaping up to be one tough cookie!

I have to wonder... what exactly was David looking at that he thought was clothing for hot mommies??! LOL!

Zonnestraaltje said...

Satrina,

The answer to that is a lot less exciting than you might think! It was mostly a rack full of tank tops! My theory is that when I get home from a job, I peel myself out of my deposition clothes and throw on a tank top while complaining, "Man, it sure is hot out there!" He has to associate tank tops with Mommy being hot...not that he has a "hot" mommy! Or maybe there is some Nickelodeon show that I should pay more attention to! I know it wasn't on Spongebob!