Monday, August 21, 2006

Countdown to Heart Break...

Yep, folks....it's that time. Time to watch me fall apart. Let me count it down for you though....

10 Days until David goes to kindergarten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then our lives will change forever! With it comes evening meetings with teachers and schedules and assignments and my little boy growing up and finding himself. I'll have to get this boy to bed at a regular time and give him baths on a regular basis and plan out what he's wearing and try not to get angry when other little kids are mean to him and smile when he brings his first girlfriend home and...and...and... and.... breathe?

In a way it's fantastic...and in another way.... it's having to let go of a little piece of myself. I used to think this would be no big deal... but as the day approaches, it's really affecting me. I find myself looking at him and seeing someone new looking back. He's so full of excitement and wonder.

I have lots of things I want to blog about, but the deadlines are hanging over my head that I'm trying to meet, and it's been slow because I just don't feel good today. I'll be back soon with some stuff. Sorry to be melancholy and boring today!

**hugs**

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachel how well I remember that day with Wendi(now 38).

I smiled, held back the tears and waved until she was out of site then went in the house and cried because my baby girl was growing up.

When she came home all smiles, excited, waving her first paper to be put of the fridge I was such a proud mama!

Moral of long story:
Mama Faith say "It will be ok and you can enjoy looking at the world through his eyes too" :o)

{{HUGS}} to all!!!

PS Hope you are feeling better real soon.