Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Finished! The Commemorative Bead Project...

Well, at first when I realized I only had one day or two at the most (since I procrastinated) to do my 15 beads, I was kind of worried I couldn't pull it off. I just wasn't too confident in the beginning that I could create anything nice with the color combo chosen. Day two came and I settled down at the torch. I made up my mind that it wasn't about the guidelines, but about the art... so instead of worrying about the color combo, the size specifications, and the shape, I let loose a little bit and here is the result:



My biggest obstacle, and part of the reason I have not really made anything to sell on eBay in a very long time, is that I hesitate because I worry to myself, "Will people like this? Will people want to buy this?" I really just want my beads to be enjoyed. I have to silence that little voice and just create what feels natural to me. That's how a fish bead got in there. I wasn't going to make any fish for this project because they are a little more fragile, and I wouldn't be handling them myself. I know that the beads will be in careful hands though. I hope that the 15 people who receive my beads at the gala will enjoy them.

3 comments:

yoko said...

D looks so cute riding the Harley! both pictures are just so darn cute! i can see him riding a real one when he's older. =( poor S though! but you gave her the right advice - even if it does sound a little mean! but pretty soon i'm sure S will find a boyfriend of her very own!

yoko said...

oops! i wrote that one under the wrong post. oh well!

your beads came out cute, and i love the fish! it is adorable. good job, R!

Satrina said...

These beads look FUN! They all turned out wonderful... I like the fish and the little boxy guy and that one red round bead. The recipients will love them! :-D