Thursday, June 30, 2005

Frogs-A-Poppin!



Last night was the first time in a couple of weeks that I have been able to sit down at the torch. I signed up for a frog exchange project on Lampwork Etc., and needed to come up with a pair of frogs. What I like about swaps and projects is that it gives you an opportunity to try something new. I have never made a frog before.... wait...that's not true. When I first started out, one of my first 20 beads I ever made was a little frog head. It was pretty goofy and simple. I haven't tried a frog since!

Yes, I know, frogs aren't really pink, purple, or blue... but I figured green was an expected color -- so why not be different? I made three frogs last night...even though I only needed two. I usually try to make an extra bead just in case something happens to one, or in case of fugliness.

2 comments:

Maryanne said...

So... looks like the chocolate inspired the frogs somehow...

Haven't we been warned about the dangers of eating while torching?

Cute little guys, though!

Zonnestraaltje said...

The dangers of eating while torching is that I got drowsy and had to try to stay awake to finish this other bead I was working on...as a result..I got too lazy to melt in the clear I had added to it..and now it's an interesting looking bead...but not what I was going for at all!!