Monday, June 06, 2005

"Flutter-bys", "Farfalle", "Vlinders"... any way you say it, butterflies are just plain gorgeous!

We loaded up the kids and my in-laws this morning with butterflies on our minds! The butterfly house in the Children's Garden at Hershey Gardens was open! I thought I would share some of their beauty with you, and maybe a couple of the sweet roses. Their lovely smell was just wavering on the breeze.

Sweet butterfly banana breakfast:


Butterfly love:


As bright as the sun:


Simply majestic. This type of butterfly always makes me think of Bambi. Maybe it's a Bambifly:


Waiting to emerge:


My mother's favorite color of rose:


Peachy perfection:


Of course, I could have written down the names of everything I photographed today so that I could sound somewhat educated on roses and butterflies... but alas, I am only capable of walking around with a camera saying, "Well now aint that just the purtiest thang ya'll ever did see? Hold my purse, Rufus, while I snap myself off a picture with this here picture taking machine!" :P

4 comments:

yoko said...

these butterfly pictures are SO pretty!

Anonymous said...

Great pics! I'm with you R - if its pretty, if its cool looking, etc., the name is not always important. We may not be able to 'revere' it by knowing its name, but at least we had the sense to bring a camera and 'revere' it by sharing the photos. :)

Zonnestraaltje said...

That's a good way to excuse my laziness, C! he he he You know me better than I thought!

yoko said...

i always think that i should write it down, too...but never have. things like roses i remember...but not the special names unless it's like "fire & ice" or "black magic". i should write down the unusual stuff - but i figure i have a picture of it - that's enough! except i remember that sausage tree...the one we saw at the Quail Botanical Gardens.