Monday, June 20, 2005

Things that go BANG in the night...

I was awoken early this morning to a haunting BANG outside. It was like I was dreaming. It was a little after 1:00 a.m. The main street we live off of has been having plenty of accidents lately...the most recent of which was this past Wednesday morning when a tractor trailer took out an electric pole up the road about a block. We were without power for a few hours that morning.

So I stumbled out of bed and looked through the bathroom window. I could see an older car had run into a pole on the corner and smoke was coming out from under the hood. Keith woke up and wondered what I was doing. I just said, "Accident! Bad! Come on!" I was dialing for emergency services when I noticed there was already a volunteer fire police guy with the blue light on his car on the scene. "How did he get there so fast???"

There was a spooky feeling about it, and I half expected to see a dead body, so I was surprised when I saw the driver was shoving some stuff into his trunk. He then yelled, "I'm going home to clean up my cuts! I live at XXXX East X Street!" Then he just walked away! I couldn't believe the volunteer that was mysteriously there was letting him walk away from the scene!

Soon authorities were there getting a handle on the situation, and not too long after, the man returned, shirtless and carrying a towel. He sat on the curb talking, then I heard, "Stand up and put your hands behind your back!" Needless to say, he got a free ride across town.



And where was Mr. Kitty during all of this? Sound asleep on our door mat, hoping we would come back and give him some attention when all the commotion was over! Silly cat!

1 comment:

Satrina said...

OMG, the best part is that he shouted out his address as he walked away... X-P

Where do these people come from?