Monday, June 27, 2005

What it is....

Well... it could either be a flaming asparagus or a lightning bug... Hmmmm....

I'll have to go with Z's guess...she is a native Pennsylvanian...so she should know all about lightning bugs.

On the other hand...there's me. This August I will have been here in PA for four years! I still feel like a tourist sometimes though.... especially when the lightning bugs come out. Maybe it's too many rides on the Pirates of the Carribean... you know, the faux lightning bugs in the beginning of the ride.... They are so magical... how they just hover in the air... glowing quietly from here to there. So there I am twisting around in the yard snapping my camera at the air. People driving by probably think I'm nuts. This is the best picture I have been able to capture so far. What a challenge! I don't think I'm done trying yet. Check back with me in four more years.

Thanks for guessing, Z and sillyduckie!

3 comments:

Satrina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Satrina said...

I would have guessed with Y... alas for us non-Pennsylvanians!

BTW, R, I received the book yesterday... thank you so much! I'm already getting some great organizational ideas from it! :-D

Sorry for the deleted post... you probably got it e-mailed so you can see where I made my boo-boos... eep.

yoko said...

oh poo. it wasn't an asparagus on fire? at least T would have agreed with me...i shall take some comfort in that!