Friday, April 29, 2005

How's this for a prize???

So what do you think about this... the two prizes for the knitting guessing game will be bracelets made with my slipper beads. (Let me know if you think this prize sucks!)



Here is the update on guesses on my completion date.

sillyduckie: 8/18/05
satrina: 9/29/05
otomayim: 7/21/05

Ooooh...pressure!!!! So where am I on this project? Well the sweater is worked in one piece sideways from the left sleeve, through the middle, to the right sleeve. Nice and simple! I am five rows away from being smack dab in the middle. Not bad, huh? Problem is...the rows are going really slow right now because there are a lot of stitches per row, and I have to keep two balls of yarn from getting tangled together each time I turn becuase I'm working both the front and back at the same time. Once I get to the right sleeve, it should fly! (Yeah, right!) We are going to Sesame Place next Friday for Preview Night/Cookout. That's a nice 2.5 hour drive for me to catch up along the way.

4 comments:

Satrina said...

Those beads are adorable! Hm, what can I do to slow down your progress? *evil grin*

Anonymous said...

T - don't make me come up there... :oP

yoko said...

T - you would say that! having the latest date of the three of us in the contest!

C- hey there!

R - love the slipper beads! they are so cute! can you make me some w/o the hole to string them through? i'll pay! i'd love to make some cards for summer with them! :)

Zonnestraaltje said...

Hmmm....make a bead without the hole?? Considering you start with the hole, that will be a challenge. I've tried doing "off mandrel" work before once. That was interesting! It's not impossible, I just don't have a lot of experience working that way, but I did buy these looped hemostats to help me do off-mandrel pieces because I do want to do them. I'll give it a try when I'm at the torch later this week and let you know how it goes. Would you want a less bulky version of these? These are kind of thick. Let me see what I can come up with that may work in a card. Thanks for the challenge!