Monday, April 18, 2005

Great find!!



While I was at the show, this one pendant kept catching my eye. It's made from Borosilicate glass, which is a harder glass than what I work with. It's more like a Pyrex. The colors are very different too, and are based on reactions in the glass. As a result, they tend to be more random and translucent...a more painterly effect. What I love about this pendant is how it has just a little flash of coral pink to it. I just couldn't keep my hands off of this great piece, so I said, "What the heck," and bought it. It was only $25.00... which for a honker like this in Boro, that's a great deal! I'm so proud of my find, but I have to be careful when I wear it... I could knock myself out easily! ha ha ha The bag with the flames came from Joan (MothWoman). She airbrushed these flames on her bags. So cute! What can I say, like other glass melters, I am just naturally attracted to FIRE!

1 comment:

yoko said...

so pretty!