Friday, April 15, 2005

Gotta Love Those Blooms!



We took a ride up to Hershey Gardens on April 11th. Unfortunately a little too early though as not many flowers are blooming yet... in fact, it was really a sea of sticks. We had fun though. One breathtaking phenomenon about spring in PA though is how lovely all the trees bloom with various shades of white and pink flowers. I don't know which trees are apple trees or cherry trees..or the kind that sprout those big huge blossoms that look like the flowers on lilly pads... I'm afraid I'm not much for horticulture... but I do know that I love this moment in spring when all the trees are just full of gorgeous petals, and they rain down on the ground like soft confetti. I'll have to get a picture of Market Street downtown... the way the trees line the street and create a white canopy -- remarkable! That's my mission for tomorrow afternoon or so. I want to capture this magic.

2 comments:

yoko said...

i love this picture of the pink blooms! we're thinking about going down to Carlsbad very soon to check out the Flower Fields!

Zonnestraaltje said...

I'm so jealous!!!!!!!!