Sunday, July 30, 2006

Out of the blue...

Samantha is wrapping herself up in blanket when suddenly the following conversation occurs:

Sam: Mommy! Where'd you get me?
Me: What do you mean where'd I get you?
Sam: Yeah, where'd you get me? At the store?
Me: (smiling) Yes, I got you at the baby store! I saw your cute little face and pretty blue eyes and said, "I want that one!"

about 15 minutes later:

Sam: Where is the baby store, Mommy?
Me: In my tummy!
Sam: Really?
Me: Yep! (then I changed up the story a little bit) I went to the store and saw the packets of baby seeds! I picked the one with your face on it, ate the seed, and you grew in my tummy!
Sam: Wow!
Me: Then when you were big enough, you came out!
Sam: (Looking at her belly, and then puffing it out) My tummy is bigger!
Me: Uh-oh! You don't have a baby in there, do you?
Sam: No, just food!

about 20 minutes later during a scene from the movie "Forget Paris" where they show babies in a nursery at the hospital....

Sam: MOMMY!!! LOOK!!! THE BABY STORE HAS A COMMERCIAL ON THE TV!

She is so cute sometimes!

2 comments:

Satrina said...

Aww!

yoko said...

sweet! :)