Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Happy 4th of July!!

Here are some fireworks from last night at the York Fairgrounds! I hope everyone had a great celebration!




And the 4th also marks my mother-in-law's birthday! Here is Janet with the kids and my father-in-law Nelson. (Here's a secret...this photo started out as three different pictures! I took many because some people didn't cooperate well. It started with Samantha poking her cheek...then the finger was in the nose..then the finger was in her mouth...then David was making a bad face..then Nelson looked like he was going to pass out by the time Sam got her finger out of her nose... three pictures and some creative editing later...I got this one:



And here is Samantha being sweet...



Then David snapped this candid picture of the little nose picker while my mom was cutting my hair...




See...got my hair cut:



David showed off his sketching abilities:



And finally...more fireworks!!


4 comments:

Satrina said...

Nice new 'do... very grown-up and sophisticated! (Sis accuses me of being grown-up, but unfortunately it has less to do with my polish and more to do with the fact that I now eat turkey chili out of the can instead of regular chili).

I know, that was an egregious non-sequitur. I'm sorry! I just meant to say... we're still at the age and point where "grown-up" is a compliment, right? I meant it as such.

Your photoshop skills continue to amaze me. And that close-up photo of Sam being sweet is incredible... you're going to frame it, right? (You've got to frame it!)

yoko said...

yay for your haircut! (speaking of which...i SO need one!)

sounds like you had a great 4th! thanks for sharing the pics! i have to second T on her comment about your photshop skills. that's amazing! it's a wonderful picture (or should i say, pictures?)

happy belated bday wished to your MIL. :D

give the kids a hug for me!

yoko said...

i fotgot...

hey! i recognize that pocket etch-a-sketch. :D hee hee, i'm glad to see David's getting such great use out of it!

i still like your haircut. very chic!

Maryanne said...

Cool fireworks! You'll have to explain the movie feature of "our" camera next time I see ya.

Our fireworks extravaganza lasted pretty long because there was a 5 minute pause between each shell... amateurs!

And yep, like the haircut. (How long is your Mom in town?)