Saturday, May 28, 2005

Rescue 37 update and pics from the first roll!

Well I got the first six rolls back from developing!! First, I had completely tumbled these rolls...some were in different parts of my house even, and I put them all in this basket...shuffled them up...laid them out in lines of five to count them... and then picked out six randomly from each line! So you can imagine how amazed I was when this happened... here are the dates that came back:
9/6/03, 9/6/03, 7/31/03, 7/31/03, 12/2/03, and 12/24/02. Can you believe that two pairs actually belonged together??? How funny is that? I mean really, what are the chances?? So far the oldest roll to come out in this project is the one from December of 2002. Wow, am I behind or what?

So the status on Rescue 37 is six down, 31 to go! He he he

Here are four pictures from Roll 1, dated 9/6/03. The venue is the York Fair. It comes around each September for 10 days. They have rides, games, animals, good food, music, and traditional contests for produce, livestock, arts & crafts, and baking.


Wow, Sammie was so little! She was 14 months old at the time this was taken. Was I having hair issues or what?

.
I always like to photograph the entries in the horticultural hall. Here is some colorful corn.

.
They always have a little area where you can pay to feed baby deer. Here is "Baby Meets Bambi". I didn't get a picture of it, but there was this most adorable little baby pig that was running around in there too. He was the cutest little thing!

.
Here is David giving some hay to another fawn. David was pretty little back then too! He was almost three years old.

Oh, and if you are wondering how Sammie is wearing two different outfits if these pics were from the same day, it's really not that surprising...she was,and still is, the dirtiest little baby around, and frequently experiences wardrobe changes. I don't know how she manages to get so dirty, but I usually have to wipe her face three to four times daily...not just a little wipe, but a total cleansing. It's worse when she has a runny nose, then her hair gets glued to her face by her snot. Ewwww!

I'll be posting pictures from the other five rolls soon... especially since it will be a while before I can rescue anymore rolls. It's a start though!



1 comment:

yoko said...

oh, S & D were so little in those pictures! D's face has matured some in the past years! and S looks so little and so different!

31 more to go? good luck!