Thursday, September 06, 2007

Had a hard day.....

Errr....hard week.

I'm trying to stretch my skills on the job by taking on some challenges I would have been scared to before.... but today I panicked that I bit off more than I can chew. I took a job with daily copy in Philadelphia (meaning I have to turn around the transcript within 24 hours) thinking it would be but only a two-hour or so job. It turned into FIVE! And now I'm not going to bed... trying to complete it.... almost 180 pages of editing to get in by noon tomorrow. The part that is frustrating me is my back. It's holding me down a little. It's making it difficult...and I'm scared... scared of needing to just get the stupid surgery. But I'll have to stress over that another day...

But I need to push my abilities and my skill. I need to grow in my career. Yesterday I realized...yes, I am a professional now.... I never felt I deserved that before... I never felt like I made it...but more and more I am surprising myself and realizing that this is it....this is what I've been working to achieve all these years. I am there. I have done it! And though this week has come with some sacrifices -- to my sleep...to my kids... to my back... and I got very frustrated yesterday with it too, it's worth it, and I'm glad this is my career... my dream.

So back to work.... no sleep for me.... but I had to post this picture from ICanHasCheezburger.com because it made me laugh so hard... funny cat picture therapy! You just can't put a price on that. Thanks to Satrina for sharing the link to that site with me!!! I think of you when I visit it, and it always makes me smile! And I have to thank Yoko for letting me talk and vent with you this week.... having you to talk to is a treasure. To all of you, my good friends who come by and visit here... thank you for making my life extra sweet! Love ya!


1 comment:

yoko said...

lol! that's a good one.

because of our requent chats, i know how hard it's been for the both of us. but i'm glad that you have now found "peace" so to speak and feel like a professional! that's a good thing. :)

you know, i'm always here for you.

love ya! :)