Friday, December 08, 2006

Return of the red dress...

Samantha has this little red velvet dress that our friend Jennifer gave her at Christmas a year or two ago. She wears that dress ragged! Anyway, she was parading around as usual and I noticed how filthy it was! "Sammie! That dress has to go in the laundry now! Hey, how about I find your other little red dress from Yoko's wedding?"

Sammie: "Yeah! I want to wear my wedding dress!"

Yes, she remembers the dress. She wanted to put the little black shoes on too, and that resulted in a tantrum after what resembled a scene from Cinderella. She wears a size ten now, and these were size six!! It was hilarious!

So she puts on this dress... WHERE DID THE TIME GO???? I know, I say that a lot, but man, these kids are growing so fast.

THE RED DRESS: THEN AND NOW...

January 2005...


December 2006...


January 2005...Dancing with big brother...


December 2006... Still love big brother...(Who was brushing her hair, by the way!)







and here she is... the little girl who somehow takes my breath away. I love her so much!



(To be honest, this face she is making is really, "Mommy, can we go inside now?" Yes, the temperature was somwhere in the 30's, I believe. I know, Bad Mommy!)

3 comments:

yoko said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

can you believe that it will soon be 2 years since that day? oh how time flies! it's wonderful to see that Sammie can still wear the dress (although it's unfortunate about the shoes....)

she really has grown...her face has matured a lot and she's grown, too! aaaaah...the memories!

:D

Satrina said...

It's amazing to me that she can still wear the dress... she looks so much more grown-up now, but it still looks great on her!

I love the photos at the end (nice work again with that new camera!), although I'm sorry S had to endure the cold for it. Now she knows the hard knocks of being a supermodel!