Sunday, August 07, 2005

Thank you, Mr. Clokey...

I remember as a child waking up early on Sunday mornings... very early! Mom wasn't ready to move yet. So I plopped myself down in front of the television and watched Davey and Goliath. Anybody remember that? It was a little animated series about a boy named Davey and his dog Goliath. It always had a moral lesson to teach. I can't say for sure what those were, but I'm hoping they rubbed off on me without my knowing it! ha ha

Later as a child I would be in the living room of my grandmother's house in Gardena eating quesadillas and watching Gumby. I actually was about 14 at the time... but Gumby was still pretty funny. I think what made me laugh was the movements. One episode that stuck out in particular was one where Gumby was holding onto a run-away lawnmower. The way he crashed through the wall of his house and ended up head first in his TV had me rolling on the floor. My grandma thought I was crazy.

A month or so ago I came across a $2 DVD at Wal-Mart of old Gumby classics. David and Sammie thought they were hilarious. This morning Samantha asked me to put Gumby in for her. She has been mesmerized... long enough for her to forget all about the fact that her brother is away from home at a friends house. I haven't heard, "Mommy, I miss Da-did," in about 30 minutes now! Thank you,
Mr. Clokey for giving the world Gumby and Pokey! LOL!

No comments: