Sunday, August 14, 2005

Kiln-fresh beads!

I managed to make more than just three beads yesterday...and I also managed to stay awake!! Yes, my finger is healing nicely, for those of you who may have heard about how I dozed off while making a bead and put my hand in the flame! That's what I get for trying to make beads that late at night! It is not something that normally happens, and I have to be really careful with my hands -- especially since I have a deposition to record on Monday morning!

So here are a few of the kiln-fresh beads from yesterday's session...

Laura gave me a rod of this beautiful blue. She said it is a Moretti/Effrete alabastro. I have avoided alabastro because most people call it "alabastard", and it usually is followed by the grumbles of having a difficult time working this glass. Even though the viscosity is a little more challenging on my torch, I found that it did not pop, boil, bubble, or burn for me at all. I was being very cautious with my heat though, keeping a nice medium flame. I think I may have to order me some of this lovely color.

I don't usually do holiday or seasonal beads, but with Gem Miner's next weekend, and Halloween just around the corner...heck, one little ghost won't hurt, right? Last year I made two matching bats, and that was the extent of my Holiday Collection. I don't know what I was going for with the lime green heart...something mod and funky maybe. What do you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I looove the lime green heart! Surprised?

Zonnestraaltje said...

Thanks for liking it! I haven't made up with it yet. It sounded cool in my head, but... well, I'm my biggest critic! he he he

Satrina said...

Seconding the love for the lime green heart! Although I know I'm late on the reply...

By the way, R... THANK YOU. Will be in touch later via non-internet means ;-)

Zonnestraaltje said...

SPAM!!! ACK!!!

Satrina... thanks for stopping by. I look forward to talking to you. Love ya!