Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Crazy Whirly Squirrely Time!

Okay... I'm trying something new... the art of managing time.
HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHA!!! Yeah, right! Somehow though when things get whirly squirely, I kick butt. But when I have plenty of time on my hands...nothing gets done! How is that possible?

Some of you may know this already...some of you do not... but I'm going through a big, big change right now in my career! What has transpired over the past week and a half, (Yes, that was really fast!), has been really exciting for me. I am joining a very reputable court reporting firm in Baltimore, MD. Even though it means 58 miles of driving each way, the rewards are so much more. I will be stretching and improving my skills by taking cases that are more technical or medical in nature and more demanding in terms of attorney expectations. I will also have a greater need to bring my equipment closer to current industry standards. Yes...more bells and whistles on my steno machine and more powerful translation software for me! Woohoo! I am so excited because this is the opportunity for me to become the court reporter I have always known I can be.

5 comments:

Maryanne said...

Yay, Rachel! I was wondering what you had decided... You go, Girl!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Rachel! I'm so happy for you! That WAS fast, but I think sometimes it's actually easier to get your head around things when you don't have too much time to dwell on it. I wish you the best of luck with all your up-coming changes!

Anonymous said...

How exciting for you R! I had a 55 mile commute everyday for 2 1/2 years. Although it seems like a alot, you get used to it after awhile. I will you all the best!

Anonymous said...

Oops, I meant to say "55 miles each way."

yoko said...

congrats on the job! i wish you loads of luck!

(sorry for the delayed comment...miss you, though!)