Tuesday, August 23, 2005

My favorite Davidisms...



Davidisms make me smile. Here are a few of my favorites:

1. "Amadoo" -- As in, "I want to play with the stuffed amadoos!"
2. "Space Shovel" -- As in, "I want to fly in the space shovel."
3. "Keesel" -- As in, "Be keesel not to drop your cup!"
4. "Stinky Beans" -- As in our favorite pizza place, known to everyone else as Stevi B's.
5. "Possadoo" -- As in, "It's hot. Can I eat a possadoo?"
6. "And Nemo was his Dingle!" -- Ah, yes, a true classic childhood song... "There was a farmer who had a dog and Nemo was his dingle, D-i-n-g-l!
7. "And called it Macadoni!" -- Another childhood song... Yankee Doodle and his Macadoni.
8. "Flush a mote" -- His Papaw's fault... back in the day when toilets were called commodes.

And my favorite of all favorites....
"Mommy, I really miss-ed you today!"

4 comments:

Maryanne said...

Awww, and mine's leaving for college tomorrow.
We were always thrilled so see the golden arches of "Mac do-do's".
Not to mention how he loved to pound nails with his Daddy's "ham-ham"!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Zoe and I got quite a kick out of this! Eli has a few, too. "Foojoo"-fruit chews, "sool"-school, and "simoo"-swimming, and he calls one of the YMCA teachers "Wobbin", yet her name is Mrs,(Anna) ROBINson. Then there's my personal favorite, "Hiney", which is what he calls our new kitten named Hermione after the Harry Potter character!

yoko said...

hey...can i come over and eat a possadoo and play with the stuffed amadoos? i promise to be very keesel!

how cute! each kid has a language all their own. though i have none of my own - i can definitely attest to that one!

Zonnestraaltje said...

Yes, sillyduckie, you are more than welcome, as long as you remember to flush the mote!