Thursday, June 01, 2006

Introspection of sorts...

I have been working for Art Miller and Associates for nine months now!

It has occurred to me though that for the last nine months I have been totally absorbed in work.

I have traded my art for Art.

I'm not going to say it's a sacrifice because I still believe I can have it my way. My way is a life where I can comfortably pursue my career as a stenographer. I can create fun things with glass and metal and fabric and paper. I can keep a tidy house with happy children and a happy husband inside of it. I can spend time with people I love. I can share my creations with others and make them smile. I can join in with the growth of my kids and not just scratch my head at how fast it is happening.

It's all still tangible. I still believe. I love my family and friends. I can make it happen.

What is your way? What are you creating in your life today?

2 comments:

yoko said...

what is my way? i wish i knew.

like you, i know that i want to spend time with friends and family and share in their lives - the good moments as well as the bad. i want to make someone smile with my papercrafting creations. i want to enjoy what life has to offer and not slave my way through it. and a house is in there somewhere...

i know you'll attain your way! you work hard to make things happen - and i'd love to see more of your creativity when the time allows! :)

Zonnestraaltje said...

Oh, Duckie, thanks for the comment and for sharing! You are so sweet! I'm excited for you and the directions you and hubby are headed in. You are creative and funny, and I know that today's struggles will only make you stronger than you already are! Don't stop reaching! The best is yet to come!