Friday, November 04, 2005

Busting my butt...literally!

As you know, I have been busting my butt lately, and it has really paid off.
Unfortunately... I think I have literally BUSTED MY BUTT!

I finally caved in and went to the urgent care today because today was totally unbearable sitting. I thought I was just dealing with a sciatic nerve issue, but it has gotten progressively more annoying. Luckily my deposition today at Johns Hopkins was only two hours because I was miserable the whole time. It really broke my ability to concentrate, and I was fighting really hard to stay focused on the testimony.

So I go to the urgent care and whine about the pain shooting down the back of my left leg when I sit. While sitting on the table, the physician's assistant that examined me tried extending my leg out and up, at which point I screamed out for mercy. "Yep, that's a positive sign for a herniated disk." CRAAAAPPP!!!! I do not like those words...herniated disk. It
just sounds so yucky. I can just picture all the things that might come next in the course of treating such a thing. He even made me take some X-rays in a not-so-flatering gown. He didn't see any slipage, but there is some narrowing in my lower lumbar spine...like at L4-5 or even L5-S1. None of this of course means anything when you are just at the urgent care. It means, "Here is a script for Naprosyn, and follow up with your own doctor in a week."

I'm loving this Naprosyn! I can actually sit painlessly for the first time today. I busted something, I guess... and I just hope I can manage it without anything real serious because there is a lot of driving and sitting and driving in my future. I begged him to be wrong about the positive signs for herniation, but he wouldn't let me off the hook there. We'll see what happens.

Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!!
Oh Rachel you poor sweetie if there is anything you need just let me know.
Nothing like some good meds though :o)