Friday, September 08, 2006

Today is all about...

Progress
Perspective
Awareness
Comfort
Satisfaction

Today was all about me..
me driving in the car...
(yes, I took pictures of myself driving)
only because I wondered what other drivers saw when they looked over in my lane... did they see just another woman in a minivan? Did they see a professional person on her way to work? Did they see a crazy Mexican singing to Laura Pausini? Today I was realizing that driving to Baltimore is not just an action of transportation... it's my time to think without interruption. It's my time to look around and see what's around me. It's me on my way to another deposition...something I worked very hard to be able to do. I'm finally feeling as though I have some control over some of this craziness. I think I'm starting to live for myself too...


RockYou slideshow | View | Add Favorite

I also took a picture of myself in the living room for no apparent reason but to be weird. You know what though, I can look at myself again the way I used to.

Enjoy your weekend!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know, i never thought to take a picture of myself during my commute. but you're right...it's a great time for introspection. :D

i like the "live"...reminds me of a sign we took a picture of back here...only it wasn't so meaningful. :O

hope you're having a lovely weekend!

Zonnestraaltje said...

First of all...I don't advocate taking pictures of yourself while driving! Especially if you are traveling at 70 mph like I was! It was just a crazy impulse! So please be safe out there, people!!

Second...I had a great picture opportunity long ago when there was something about the sign at Black Angus that obscured the "g"...maybe an unfortunate tree placement or something...and I think of it fondly quite often! ha ha ha ha

We are spending the weekend in Elysburg at Knoebels. Had a nice day on Saturday, and we are at a nice little hotel that has free wi-fi... yes, I had to bring my work along with me as usual. It never ends!

Anonymous said...

awwwww....i do know what you mean about work though...i don't bring home my day job, but you know, that other thing...but at least it's something i want to do.

speaking of signs....i think we all have fond memories of the ones at Spot Market! the sign that i was referring to in my original comment was, do you remember that chinese place on Artesia that used to be called Peacock Express? well, the "p" and the "e" and the "a" weren't lit, but everything else was. ha ha ha!

have a lovely weekend! miss you!