Friday, May 19, 2006

A little updating...

Hi everyone!

Thanks for stopping by lately and leaving the nice comments about the new kitties and well wishes for my broken butt.

Stormy and Caesar are proving to be quite a funny pair. When they aren't chasing each other around the house at 50 mph, they are cuddled up at the end of our bed looking out the bedroom window and cleaning each other. Yesterday Caesar caught a fly...smacked it down in the window sill, played with it a while, and then ate it. Ewwwwwwww! At least he got rid of the fly for us though. Stormy's adventure for this morning started with me hearing David screaming, "No, Kitty! Stop! I don't want you to do that!" Then I heard, "Mommy! The kitty is outside!!!" Apparently she was able to push the screen out of the window, but luckily got scared and jumped back into the house. That was crazy!

They are both very wonderful though, and we are enjoying their presence in the house.

As for my broken butt... I know some people told me it would take six to eight weeks, and my thoughts were, "Oh, great!" (Rolling my eyes. I kind of hoped though that this measurement was a general one, and I'd be better in a week. Nope! It's been two weeks now and a few days... though I have made some improvement, the most important function for me is still incredibly painful. Sitting. Now, the actual sitting is not so bad, but try to get up again -- forget it! If I sit, my butt is okay for about 15 minutes, but then starts burning. When I got to get up, it feels like someone is trying to rip the bone out of me completely. It's very frustrating. Getting out of the car takes a few minutes. I can't sit long in my desk chair. The only place I can really get work done is lying in bed, which is sometimes challenging. I'm hoping Week 3 will bring more improvement because I need to get back to work. Right now I'm catching up on jobs that I took, but once I'm caught up, I'm going to need new jobs. Hopefully I will be ready for it soon.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Miss ya!

No comments: