Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Progress???

I have a magnetic dry-erase board hanging on my fridge now. I call it my "86 Board" like at restaraunts... you know, they keep an 86-Board to keep track of what dishes are no longer available. But since the only thing I'm cooking in my kitchen these days are transcripts, this is my version of the 86-Board. I have a first in - first out policy, unless an attorney requests an expedite. All of my outstanding jobs are listed, and as I finish one, I cross it off or erase it. This morning I crossed one off, but this afternoon, I put a new one back on! Sheesh! I have 11 pending jobs to finish!

I don't know if I'll ever have a clear board, but I'd like to at least get to a point where I have some breathing room so I can make beads, clean my house, chat with friends, stuff like that.

This morning I dowloaded Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust" from Wal-Mart.com. You can buy MP3's for 88 cents. I started a new tradition. As soon as I e-mail a job off to my production manager, I quickly click open, "Another One Bites the Dust" and dance around the kitchen. I know it sounds kind of pathetic, but hey, it feels soooooo damn good to click and send a finished job away!

Take care, everybody!

(Sorry I don't have anything more exciting to write about. Oh, the fire alarm went off during my depo today. We sat there a few minutes deciding if we wanted to burn up and die or interrupt the doctor's testimony. We chose to burn up and die. As you can tell, we are okay. It was just a drill or something! Nobody else in the hospital seemed to be moving very quickly anyway! I was thinking though at the time...not about my safety, but how much of my equipment I could scoop into my arms at one time if I needed to flee quickly. )

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

So happy to see you back and blogging! Missed ya.
Sounds like you're still busy, but getting a handle on it. Yay!