Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Just checking in...

Hello there! How are you? I'm still here.

I'm plugging away at work, and just trying to balance out the other stuff that happens outside of that. Before I started with this new firm, I was lucky to get one to two jobs a week, and they were maybe an hour or two at the most. On a real crazy week, I might have had three jobs! That was all well and fine with me because then I could go fun places in the middle of the week, make beads when I felt like it, go to the gym... stuff like that. So life did not CENTER around work.

Now... whoa! What a change! Right now, life is CENTERED around work! I have plenty of work, and the depositions go three, four, five, six hours! I just went on a deposition yesterday that was only two hours... but they want it expedited!!! Yipes...what about the other jobs I am working on before that? I have to play a little bump and shuffle.

This is what I wanted though, and I am by no means complaining... I'm just amazed at what a difference a bigger city makes! I like it! I like the point where the corn fields and cows end..and the skyscrapers begin! York is not all cows and corn, but we really don't have any skyscrapers in our little city. It's just civilized enough... because believe me... I'm just as excited to get out of THE city too when a job is done, and return to the slower pace of York.

I have lots of pictures to post from the York Fair and from our Day Out with Thomas the Train this past Sunday in Strasburg. We went with Jen, Scott, and Paden.

I taught a beginning lampwork class this past Saturday and got to meet five wonderful people... hopefully getting them addicted to fire! ha ha ha

I made a list of all the sample requests I received from the website, and I want so much to make beads to fill these requests! So if you are a reader who may have sent me a sample request, I haven't forgotten you!

The Moochies also need my attention.

Then there is the cleaning around the house... the laundry....the children who are trying to get used to me being gone more often, only to come home and see me sit in the kitchen at my laptop... and the staff at the gym must think I fell into a hole or something...(Ssssh....don't tell them about the ice cream!)


The rhythm is coming... and at least I'm not chasing the deadline wagon from a mile behind...I'm kind of trotting along beside it and maybe only a few feet behind. Balance is coming... and so is cooler weather!

What was my favorite thing today: I was folding underwear and heard David behind me. He says, "Mommy, you want to see something? Look, Pockie is dressed up like a ghost for Halloween!" First I think to myself, "Who is Pockie?" So I turn around to see David with one leg of his shorts hiked up, and his hand, cleverly disguised inside his pocket, is poking out! I launched into quite a big laugh. It was so cute that he named his pocket "Pockie", and that he thought he was dressed like a ghost for Halloween!

Thanks for stopping by! Take care! ***hugs***

2 comments:

Maryanne said...

Hey Darlin'!
Good to see you posting - missed ya.
So, we were in Baltimore yesterday and I thought, "I bet Rachel's somewhere in one of those high rises..."
I, personally, won't be going in there again until the Light Rail is running again.. $20 to park - yikes! Not to mention the traffic.
Tell me about the crabs!

Satrina said...

Housework? Pfft, nobody needs to do housework... it all just gets messed up again anyway ;-)

Anyway, I'm saving up all those cobwebs for use as Halloween decorations!