Saturday, July 23, 2005

"Becoming"

There's a song I love...only I don't listen to it often because the CD is in Keith's car. So when I occassionally drive his car, it's the first track I go to...

"Becoming" - by Jewel

"Listen, heart. Listen close -- listen, to the melancholy melody of your own voice. I am weary of my own dreaming. I am tired of waiting, so this time, I'm leaping.

I reach -- beyond myself to see what I find, beyond my mind, there's no time, in this place beyond my sight my heart knows what is not yet seen. I'm witnessing my own becoming.

Lash myself to the mantle of my desires -- I will turn from its temptations, but the wanting takes me higher. I am hurting. Oh, I am not yet born. I am the mother and the father of what is not yet known."

You know.... I am tired of waiting. Tired of being scared to fail... tired of hesitation and deliberation. Today I really will reach...not just dream about reaching. It only gets better from here.

No comments: